We will facilitate this environment by…
- Continually reinforcing the importance of daily Bible reading.
- Provide a Bible reading plan so that we are all reading the same verses together everyday.
- Use technology and groups to provide accountability, support, and dialogue around the Bible reading plan.
Three Tiers of Daily Bible Reading
Tier 1: One chapter
- Luke 1
Tier 2: One passage
- Luke 1:8-20
Tier 3: One verse
- Luke 1:20
Accountability & Support:
- Home groups
- One-on-one partners
- Conference call groups
- Facebook groups
- Email groups
- Messaging app
Scriptural Support for Being Rooted in Daily Bible Reading:
- Joshua 1:8
- Psalms 1:2-3
- John 15:7-8
- Colossians 2:1-8
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Daily Bible reading is so important because Bible reading is a lead measure.
- Lead measures dictate outcomes
- Lag measures tell you what has already happened
We spend so much time trying to solve lag measures (marital problems, spiritual apathy, anxiety, recurrent sins, lack of faith, isolation, etc.) with limited results. However, if we focused on the lead measure (daily Bible reading), many of the lag measures would resolve themselves.
- Through daily Bible reading we will renew our faith, have healthy relationships, overcome sin, love our spouse better, serve the church more, find joy even in life’s struggles, etc.